Measures taken by the government of A. Lincoln, contributing to the turning point in the Civil War:
– The introduction of universal conscription;
– Confederate supporters and spies were removed from the army.
– Promotion of capable officers to leading positions.
– May 20, 1862 – Homestead Act (65 hectares of land for a small fee).
– January 1, 1863 – the proclamation of the emancipation of the slaves.
– 1862 – new taxes were introduced on the rich; a law was passed to confiscate the property of the rebels.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.