How to quickly remember dates and events from history?
Many people do not like history because they have to remember a large number of dates and unfamiliar names. This is understandable — the brain has difficulty assimilating information when it seems unnecessary or uninteresting to the student. Try to reconsider your attitude to the subject.
History is an extremely exciting discipline, study it thoroughly, prepare for classes from the heart, with a draft in your hands. About a month later, you will notice that things have improved, and the preparation for the subject itself gives you a lot of pleasure. However, such awareness rarely comes in time, most often the upcoming exam causes serious excitement, events, dates are remembered with great difficulty. Meanwhile, there are many different tricks with which you can brilliantly cope with the upcoming test.
To study history, experts recommend using several methods, including:
1. The use of cardboard cards. The size of the card is approximately equal to an ordinary playing card. The date is written on the front side, and the event that occurred at the specified time is written on the back side. Training with maps is very effective, because many of us have excellent visual memory. They are spread out on the table, the description of events is visible, the dates are not visible. The card is taken in hand, read the text aloud, and put the date at the top. When all the cards are turned over, they do the same with the dates. After 2-3 hours of rest, the procedure is repeated, and at the end of the day you will remember all the dates and events.
2. The method of “mind Game”. It is suitable for people with a well-functioning imagination. Any historical fact must be considered as an event from one’s own life. So, when studying the battle of Stalingrad, imagine that you are a direct participant in it, a private. This will allow you to experience serious emotions, will give you the opportunity to perfectly remember all the main events of the battle.
3. Visualization. Documentaries, drawings, and photographs from archives will help those who are not able to create a plausible image. Using the Internet, you can quickly remember historical facts, because in this case, your visual memory will be a good help.
4. Creating your own history book. This is an ordinary General notebook with brief notes and dates for each epoch that you have studied. You will create your own, priceless book that will easily allow you to understand how the world order was established. When preparing for the exam, you will only need to repeat the events and dates.
5. The use of the recorder. After recording historical dates on a voice recorder, listen to them in the morning and before going to bed. This training will allow you to remember dates and historical events associated with them well.
It is not necessary to use all these methods. You may be able to make do with the simplest of them — cards or a handwritten book. In addition to high-quality knowledge of history, you will train your own brain and improve your memory.