Sometimes, often with strangers or unfamiliar people, it is difficult to find a common topic of conversation. To solve, and best of all prevent, this problem, you need to know the basic rules. Following them, you will easily find new topics for conversation and interest the interlocutor.
1) Make sure that the conversation is supported by all its participants. You should avoid monologues when only one person is speaking, most likely, it will tire the interlocutors.
2) a Very interesting topic for conversation – travel. Share your experience and ask others where they have been. You can also ask where the other person is planning or dreaming of going.
3) Play the game. Ask different questions in turn. They should be interesting and funny. But be careful not to confuse the other person with too Frank questions, otherwise they may stop communicating with you.
4) avoid such banal topics as the weather. It is interesting only to meteorologists.
5) Don’t start talking about yourself if you haven’t asked. And if you are interested, do not call too many names and surnames, this is unnecessary information that makes the story uninteresting. Also, according to the situation, analyze what facts from the biography can be told to this or that person, and which can not.
6) Talk about the situation you are in. For example, if you are sitting in a cafe, you can discuss this institution, raise the topic of your favorite dishes and drinks, remember the places where you and your interlocutor like to visit.
7) Don’t ask too many questions. Otherwise, your interlocutor will get the impression that he is being interrogated. Questions should include a detailed answer. It is better if the question is preceded by a narrative sentence.
8) If you come across a topic that you don’t understand well and your interlocutor is good at, ask them to tell you a little about it. So you will learn something new, and the narrator will get positive emotions from the fact that something is useful and he is listened to carefully and with interest.
9) Topics in the conversation will arise by themselves, the main thing is that people are interested in each other and have a desire to continue communicating.