In cats, the B gene, which is responsible for coat color, is sex-linked. The dominant allele of the gene determines the red color of the coat, the recessive one – black, the heterozygote Bb has a tortoiseshell coat color. What kittens can be expected in the following crosses:
1) ginger cat x black cat;
2) black cat x ginger cat;
3) tortoiseshell cat x ginger cat;
4) tortoiseshell cat x black cat?
1) From crossing a ginger cat and a black cat, you can expect tortoiseshell cats and ginger cats in a ratio of 1: 1;
2) from crossing a black cat and a ginger cat, you can expect tortoiseshell cats and black cats in a ratio of 1: 1;
3) from the crossing of a tortoiseshell cat and a ginger cat, one can expect tortoiseshell cats, ginger cats, ginger cats and black cats in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 1;
4) from crossing a tortoiseshell cat and a black cat, you can expect tortoiseshell cats, black cats, ginger cats and black cats in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 1.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.