Studies show that the life expectancy of people in the world is increasing every year. What do you think this is connected with? Why do women live on average longer than men?
The main reasons for increasing people’s life expectancy are:
– The development of medicine and improving the quality of medical care.
– Improvement of material support, nutrition, housing, sanitary-hygienic and other conditions.
– Improving working conditions.
– More and more people lead a healthy lifestyle, etc.
Possible reasons that women on average live longer than men:
– The different biological role of males and females in nature. From a biological point of view, the role of males (in the context of the issue under discussion – men) is to ensure fertilization. A woman must bear and raise a child, and in many cases – not one. Women are characterized by increased concern for the family, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren … Therefore, in the course of evolution, women developed more powerful survival mechanisms than men.
– The presence of two X-chromosomes in women, apparently, increases the reliability of the genetic apparatus and provides greater vitality.
– Sexual differences in life expectancy are observed not only in humans, but also in animals; they significantly affect the frequency and characteristics of the development of many diseases. In men, atherosclerosis begins to progress earlier, there are disturbances in the blood supply to the heart and brain. For example, mortality from myocardial infarction in men aged 40–49 years is higher than in women, about 7 times, in 50–59 years — 5 times, in 60 years and older — 2 times. Some researchers attribute this to the protective function of estrogen.
– Women are more attentive to their health and more often than men lead a healthy lifestyle.
– According to a number of researchers, women are more likely to withstand emotional stress.
– Women are more careful than men, accidents are less likely to happen to them. Men are more aggressive, which may be the reason for their high mortality rate (especially at a young age).
… and / or other possible reasons.