Symbolism – 1870 – 1910 characteristics and features
November 12, 2020
1) The symbol is the main means of conveying contemplated secret meanings.
2) Orientation to idealistic philosophy and mysticism.
3) Using the associative capabilities of the word (multiplicity of meanings).
4) Referring to the classical works of antiquity and the Middle Ages.
5) Art as an intuitive comprehension of the world.
6) Musical element – the primordial foundation of life and art; attention to the rhythm of the verse.
7) Attention to analogies and “correspondences” in the search for world unity
8) Preference for lyric poetic genres.
9) The value of the free intuition of the creator; the idea of changing the world in the process of creativity (demiurgy).
10) Own myth-making
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.