• the youngest son of Sinacherib, stabilized the int. position, combining the interests of military and trade-priestly groups
• restored the destroyed Babylon. The Babylonian cities and temples were restored to their privileges, and new taxes were introduced in favor of the temples.
• Campaigns against the Cimmerians (679 BC) and Arabs, Shupriya (near Urartu, 673-672 BC), consolidation of possessions in Media, suppression of the uprising in Sidon (Phenicia)
• Brutal suppression of uprisings
• Conquest of Egypt (671 BC), acceptance of the title of Pharaoh
• Intense struggle between the heirs: Ashurbanipal (military) and Shamash-shum-ukin (trade-priestly)
• In 670 BC. e. Egypt rebelled + formed a coalition (Chaldeans, Medes) + supported the rebellious tribes-> Esarhaddon went there with a punitive expedition -> died on the way
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.