There is a hypothesis of symbiogenesis, according to which mitochondria and chloroplast originated from prokaryotic cells. Give at least five evidence to support her.
Mitochondria and plastids;
– have two completely closed membranes. In this case, the external is similar to the membranes of vacuoles, the internal – bacteria.
– multiply by binary division (and sometimes divide independently of cell division), are never synthesized de novo.
– genetic material – circular DNA that is not associated with histones (According to the proportion of HC of mitochondrial DNA and plastid, it is closer to bacterial DNA than to eukaryotic nuclear DNA)
– have their own apparatus for the synthesis of protein – ribosomes, etc.
– ribosomes of prokaryotic type – with a sedimentation constant of 70S. The structure of 16s pRNA is close to bacterial.
– some of the proteins of these organelles are similar in their primary structure to similar bacteria proteins and are not similar to the corresponding cytoplasmic proteins.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.