This is the era of the great geographical discoveries – open and conquered countries
August 1, 2020
• second half of the 15th century. – a series of Portuguese expeditions along the coast of Africa;
• 1487-1488 – opening of the southern sea route to the Indian Ocean (Bartolomeo Diaz);
• 1492 – the discovery of America (Christopher Columbus);
• 1497-1499. – opening of the sea route to India (Vasco da Gama);
• 1519-1521. – the first round the world voyage (Fernando Magellan);
• 1642-1643 and 1644 – the discovery of New Zealand and Australia (Abel Tasman).
• 1524-1526 conquest of Peru and the Inca Empire (Francesco Pissarrio y Gonzalez);
• 1497-1500 Development of North America (Giovanni Caboto);
• 1594-1596 Exploration of the Arctic (Willem Barents) et al.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.