What are the advantages of a democratic system?
1. Democracy guarantees citizens fundamental political rights and freedoms that a non-democratic system cannot provide: the right to political participation, to voice their views on political issues, including the right to criticize the government, the right to consider alternatives, the right to freely express their will in elections and fair counting votes, etc.
2. Democracy provides citizens with a wider range of personal rights and freedoms than any other political system, for example, the right to personal integrity, to protection of honor and dignity, to a fair, independent and public court, free expression, freedom of movement, etc.
3. Only a democratic government provides the individual with the maximum opportunity to exercise freedom of self-determination, that is, to live according to the laws that the individual chooses for himself through the complex process of reconciling his interests with the interests of other people.
4. Democracy provides the maximum opportunity for moral responsibility, for a thorough study of all options for decision-making, their consequences and making choices in accordance with moral principles.
5. Democracy promotes the socialization of the individual to a greater extent than any other form of organization of society, for example, it provides conditions under which such human properties and qualities as honesty, decency, responsibility, independence, citizenship, tolerance, inclination to dialogue and compromise, etc.
6. Only democracy is able to ensure a relatively high level of political equality, for example, equality of electoral rights, equality of rights to create parties and other independent associations, to participate in them, to receive information, etc., without which the implementation of the entire complex of rights and freedoms is impossible. person.
7. The aforementioned advantages give reason to believe that a democratic regime is fairer and with greater respect for the fundamental interests of a person than a non-democratic one.