Typologization is a method of scientific knowledge aimed at splitting a certain set of objects under study into ordered and systematized groups with certain properties using an idealized model or type (ideal or constructive).
The main methodological condition for typologization is the unity of the criterion on the basis of which the types of cultures are distinguished.
Such a criterion (or basis) can be:
– way of broadcasting culture (traditional and non-traditional);
– specificity of social solidarity (ethnic, national, religious types);
– elements of the social system (rural, urban, professional, criminal, etc.);
– the level of technology of material, social and intellectual production (pre-industrial, industrial and post-industrial culture);
– chronological sequence (culture of the ancient world, medieval culture, culture of modern times, modern culture).
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.