1. They perform a building function – they are part of the cell membranes
2. Spare energy source
3. Regulatory (many fats are homosexual)
4. Energy (from 1 g of fat, 38.9 kJ of energy is obtained)
5. Protective layer of internal organs (from mechanical damage)
6. Heat insulating layer (subcutaneous fatty tissue)
7. Fats supply fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.