First aid for injuries to the head or spine is performed in the following sequence:
• if possible, fix the head and spine of the victim in a motionless state in the position in which you found him;
• maintain the airway of the victim, in case of vomiting, turn it on its side to prevent blockage of the airways by vomit;
• monitor the level of his consciousness;
• if necessary, stop external bleeding;
• maintain normal body temperature of the victim.
If the victim has a protective helmet, do not remove it (the helmet can only be removed if the victim does not breathe).
At the slightest suspicion of an injury to the head or spine, an ambulance must be called. Before the arrival of medical workers, the victim must not be moved. Movement can only be justified by a real threat to his life. In this case, everything possible must be done to ensure the immobility of the victim’s head and spine using rollers made of clothing, blankets or other improvised material.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.