– Relate to the processes of energy metabolism: complex organic substances are broken down, the energy enclosed in them is released and ATP is synthesized.
– Represent multistage enzymatic processes.
– These are redox processes (accompanied by oxidation of PVC, reduction and oxidation of NAD, etc.)
– Until the formation of PVC, the processes of fermentation and cellular respiration proceed identically.
– Different energy output. Based on 1 mol of glucose: 2 mol of ATP as a result of fermentation and 38 mol of ATP as a result of complete breakdown of glucose during cellular respiration.
– The final fermentation products are various organic substances (with the exception of CO2), which contain a significant amount of energy. The products of aerobic breakdown of glucose are H2O and CO2.
– O2 is needed for cellular respiration (aerobic), but not for fermentation.
– In eukaryotes, the final (oxygen) phase of cellular respiration occurs in the mitochondria. Fermentation is carried out in the cytoplasm of cells.
… and / or other significant features.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.