What protective measures are carried out in advance at the sites of operation of the hydraulic structures of the pressure front? What are the main measures to protect the population.
The safety of the population at the places of operation of the hydraulic structures of the pressure front is ensured by the early implementation of measures aimed at preventing or limiting the extent of flooding. The main preventive measures are:
• the correct choice of the location of the dam and settlements;
• restriction of the construction of residential buildings and economic facilities in places exposed to a possible breakthrough wave;
• landslide of settlements and agricultural land;
• creation of reliable drainage systems;
• shore protection work to prevent landslides and collapses;
• waterproofing and special fortifications on buildings and structures;
• planting of low-stemmed forests (from poplar, alder and birch) that can reduce the speed of the breakthrough wave.
In order to protect the population in case of catastrophic flooding, to prevent or minimize the degree of its defeat, a set of organizational, engineering, technical and special measures is carried out.
Key measures to protect the public:
• warning of the threat of catastrophic flooding and the adoption of necessary protective measures;
• organization of an independent exit of people from the zone of possible catastrophic flooding to the approach of a breakthrough wave;
• evacuation of people to safe areas before the breakthrough wave approaches;
• Shelter of people in the unfilled parts of buildings and structures, as well as in elevated areas;
• emergency rescue operations;
• providing qualified and specialized assistance to victims;
• carrying out urgent work to ensure the life of the population affected by the hydrodynamic accident.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.