What role does water play in living systems?
April 25, 2020
• Gives the cell elasticity and volume
• Universal solvent
• Aqueous solutions form the internal environment of the cell
• Vehicle for dissolved substances in and out of the cell
• Serves as the environment in which chemical reactions take place
• It is an accelerator of many chemical processes
• Provides heat capacity
• It has high thermal conductivity
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.