The worst consequence of forest fires is the death of people, in particular firefighters and rescuers. In addition, smoke and dust from a fire cause severe discomfort during breathing and can significantly affect the health status of people with allergies and respiratory diseases.
Environmental impacts include:
• Air pollution. Since the forest is the main supplier of oxygen, after its destruction, oxygen is not formed, therefore, carbon dioxide harmful to human health is not absorbed, which pollutes the atmosphere. Air quality is reduced.
• Deterioration in the quality of drinking water due to the fact that groundwater, streams and rivers after forest fires are not enriched with water.
• After forest fires, the soil loses its fertility.
• The soil after fires is not protected from heavy rainfall and prone to erosion.
• Due to forest fires, beneficial soil microorganisms die.
• If a forest is exposed to systematic fires, its productivity is reduced, and over time the plot may become barren.
• In areas where there are steep slopes, the earth breaks into pieces during a fire and falls down, so the ecological system cannot recover on its own.
• Forest natural resources are being destroyed
• Water bodies are polluted by ash, which falls with rainfall after a fire, thereby causing harm to fish and aquatic plants.
• When burning trees, the atmosphere increases the concentration of carbon dioxide, which leads to global warming.
• With the occurrence of global warming, a greenhouse effect appears, therefore, the risk of hurricanes and typhoons increases.
• Forest fires destroy more than one thousand hectares of trees and vegetation.
• Loss of ecological systems and biodiversity.
• Forest fires damage the habitat of specific species of animals and plants.
• Fires destroy most of the plants that support the lives of many animals and insects.
• It is likely that forest fires may cause the extinction of certain animal species.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.