Why is it dangerous to eat mushrooms collected near the highway?

They accumulate toxic substances (salts of lead and other heavy metals), which can cause poisoning and even death.
1) Poisonous substances are accumulated in the mushrooms – salts of heavy metals (lead, cadmium, etc.), which are released by the exhaust gases of automobiles.
2) They can cause severe poisoning and even death.

Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.