Why was the union of Clovis and the Christian church mutually beneficial?
July 29, 2020
|For the king of the Franks
||For the Christian church
|– faith in one God united people;
– the church could send people to fight the enemies;
– the church could try on people with new taxes;
– the church strengthened the authority of the rulers;
– the church assured that the king’s power is pleasing to God;
– the leaders of the church, as literate people, helped the kings to draw up decrees and messages.
|– the kings guarded the wealth and privileges of the church;
– the kings generously gave her lands and valuables;
– the leaders of the church were the closest associates of the kings;
– in the early days of the Diaspora, kings did not regulate the activities of the church.
Remember: The process of learning a person lasts a lifetime. The value of the same knowledge for different people may be different, it is determined by their individual characteristics and needs. Therefore, knowledge is always needed at any age and position.