What are the social causes of the ecological crisis?
• lack of ecological scientific knowledge about natural resources, the laws of nature and the processes of interaction between the environment and humans;
• lack of professional environmental knowledge;
• a predatory method of production, which is characterized by the irrational use of natural resources without a simultaneous solution to the issues of their storage;
• lack of funds for environmental protection measures;
• resource development of the economy, a high degree of depreciation of fixed assets, a high share of the “shadow” economy in the use of natural resources, “localism”;
• low efficiency of environmental management mechanisms,
• seeming boundlessness of natural resources and self-cleaning processes,
• low level of environmental awareness and culture of the country’s population.